Bose Marine speakers- any good?

splugeeman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking at upgrading my speakers on my boat. Has anyone had any experience with the Bose marine speakers? Suppose to be some of the most seaworthy speakers out there. Supposedly goes above and beyond the standards for Marine speakers. They are quite pricey at $240.00 for a pair. I can always wire them up real quick,if the dont sound awesome tqake them back, but was hoping that someone has heard these speakers in action. Any comments would be great!

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bose Marine speakers- any good?

splugeeman, I've got 4 of them in my boat. I can say there was a very noticable difference between them and the Sony's that they replaced. Shop around, you can find the Bose 131's for 10% less than the MSRP/MAP price.

solidwaste

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will tell you as someone who has worked in the audio industry IE home theaters surround sound and such BOSE is a good product but what you end up paying for is the advertising not the quality of there speakers..There are other names out there such as POLK INFINITY PINNACLE, that cost about the same as BOSE but you get a far supperior product..Not knocking Bose at all they do make good speakers, just like to widen peoples perspectives on other speakers..

splugeeman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Solid:<br /> PLease enlighten me or all of use... I want to put a high quality product in my boat...What is the best when you talk about top of the line Marine speakers?

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I'm partial to Pioneer speakers. I tend to like a basey tone. If you don't like basey tones I'm sure you would be happy with the Bose speakers. I have a Bose Life Style 35 system in the house that replaced a Pioneer theater system. Don't get me wrong I like the Bose, it sounds great, but I definately miss the basey tone from my Pioneer 12 inch three way speakers. I do feel the Bose surrond sound is better distributed and great for TV theater sound, but for music I'd pick my Pioneer system any day of the week.<br /><br />I also agree with Solid, Polk and Infinity make an awsome sounding home theater system. I haven't got any knowledge on their auto or marine systems.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Marine speakers, dam big word there, im being a bit sarcastic here but ill give out a little clue. Any speaker with a poly cone is marine,or can be said to be marine. That is the only working part of a speaker that is exposed to the water or mositure enviroment. I high doubt that any mfg use's a water tight spider to protect the voice coil,unless some on can illuminate that any company really does that. Im sure you can buy any speaker with a (plastic cone) polymer and it will be ok ;)