Minn Kota - Dual-Pro Charger - 2 Optima Bl Top

BULLWARKS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone know where I can find the wiring for connecting two 12v Batts to a Dual Pro 2 bank on board Charger to a 24v Minn Kota Maxxium 80US Troll motor? <br /><br />All are new but the Thing does not charge. The Dual Pro manual does not show wiring.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Minn Kota - Dual-Pro Charger - 2 Optima Bl Top

Make sure the charger is 24V capable. Just because it has two 12v outputs does not mean its 24V capable. If each 12V output has a common ground it won't work. 24V capable chargers are wired just like the batteries. + on output #1 to - on output #2. + on output #2 to + on the battery feeding the troller. - on output #1 goes to - on the battery going to the troller.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

And make sure your batteries are wired in series (not parallel). Series provides 24V, parallel still provides only 12V but twice the capacity.

BULLWARKS

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is series vs paralell?<br /><br />The charger was put in the boat by the Dealer. NEW BOAT, New CHARGER, NEW Troll Motor.<br /><br />I'm bringing it back, just wanted to know what I was talking about.<br /><br />Thanks for the info, do you know where I can see a wiring diagram?