(Long) Bassmaster (ProMariner) Pro3000 30-3 Won't Work

LTC Birkett

Cadet
(Long) Bassmaster (ProMariner) Pro3000 30-3 Won't Work

I know I am opening up a potential can of worms with this but apoligize up front...<br />Here goes, I have a 30amp 3 bank Bassmaster 30 amp charger that is about 5 months old that just gave up the ghost. I am flabber gasted... I recently got a 36volt mg trolling motor and took the boat for a long day of fishing on an electric only lake. Once I got home I start the routine of getting it ready for bed and discover the charger won't work at all. Nothing has changed from the last time it was out. Connections all still good and tight. Batteries (Group27 AGMs) all were taken down to about 40% based on my interpretation of the chargers battery status guage. Only thing I get is the check battery indication LED.<br /><br />I think to myself, OK, maybe it isn't working because I took the batteries so low... So I bust out my portable chargers to give them a kick and get over the hump... Well the batteries are now almost charged (by the next morning 7-8 hours later) but the charger is still not wanting to charge at all. At this point I don't know what to do. There is no in line fuse that I can see for the ac current going into the charger... It just will not charge.<br /><br />There has been nothing done to this practically new charger since the week or so it worked fine the last time... And the batteries are ok... Any thoughts on anything I have overlooked. As I stated before, the charger was working fine just last week...<br /><br />I know I may get lots of buy a guest charger or dual pro or whatever... (And I may) but at this point I am still trying to figure out wht went wrong and how I should proceed. This charger comes with a limited lifetime warranty with 1 year free replacement guarantee... I am just not sure I want to not fish until I get this charger situation under control or figured out...<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br />Tight Lines, <br />Bill

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: (Long) Bassmaster (ProMariner) Pro3000 30-3 Won't Work

Re: (Long) Bassmaster (ProMariner) Pro3000 30-3 Won't Work

I just looked at their website, it should have an inline fuse for each '+' battery connection (3), if these fuses are blown (or corroded) the charger won't sense voltage and therfore won't initiate charge. It will blink a warning.<br /><br />If the inline fuses are o/k...... take it back for warranty.<br /><br />Aldo