• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everstart Marine Maxx 29 Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everstart Marine Maxx 29 Help

I just bought a used boat which has an Everstart Marine Maxx 29 battery for the trolling motor. I know Walmart sells these & some say they are good batteries, my question is, are these true deep cycle batteries or are they just conventional. It doesn't say anywhere on the battery, just gives cranking amps.

Re: Everstart Marine Maxx 29 Help

The Marine Maxx batteries are dual purpose, John. Good for starting or deep cycle use.Good luck.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. My battery charger has 2 modes for either conventional low maintenance or deep cycle batteries, what setting is correct for the Maxx batteries?

Comment

use the deep cycle setting on dual purpose batteries.

Comment

Been thru 3 everstart Marine Maxx 29 in 6 months.................guess I got into a bad lot??????????? Any body else out there with same problem.
          Bad cell so says Wal Mart battery analysing machine. Had last one checked before I left the store and now after a day on lake, it is no more good. Runs the trolling motor only.

Comment

Originally posted by mbranton View Post
            Been thru 3 everstart Marine Maxx 29 in 6 months.................guess I got into a bad lot??????????? Any body else out there with same problem.
            Bad cell so says Wal Mart battery analysing machine. Had last one checked before I left the store and now after a day on lake, it is no more good. Runs the trolling motor only.
            I'd be checking to make sure that something in you electrical setup is not causing it. My Everstarts are 3 yrs old and still going strong.

Comment

I'm in my 3rd season with mine, and no issues. I'd check out your charger. Over-charging will kill a battery very quickly. Also, what kind of a beating is it getting out on the water? What kind of chop and where is the battery located?

Comment

Hi there,

Wow am I confused. I have installed a sound system in my Searay 220 Sundeck. I have one JL audio 6 channel amp and another JL Audio 2 channel amp. One 12 inch sub, and 6 RF component speakers and 2 8 inch Bazooka tubes. I think you get the point!

I installed 1 Everstart Maxx-29 2 months ago. I drained it down a few times and now it won't even take a charge? It is a marine deep cycle/starting 875 ca/125 am hours, 205 reserve.

I charged it with a Ship N Shore SSC-1500A at the 15amp level. It is supposed to stop charging on its own once fully charged. The battery reads at 10%, no matter how long it is charged?

Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thank in advance,
                - Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jballgamer View Post
                  Hi there,

Wow am I confused. I have installed a sound system in my Searay 220 Sundeck. I have one JL audio 6 channel amp and another JL Audio 2 channel amp. One 12 inch sub, and 6 RF component speakers and 2 8 inch Bazooka tubes. I think you get the point!

I installed 1 Everstart Maxx-29 2 months ago. I drained it down a few times and now it won't even take a charge? It is a marine deep cycle/starting 875 ca/125 am hours, 205 reserve.

I charged it with a Ship N Shore SSC-1500A at the 15amp level. It is supposed to stop charging on its own once fully charged. The battery reads at 10%, no matter how long it is charged?

Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!!!!!

Thank in advance,
                  - Jon
                  Take it back for exchange. If you drain any battery down until it can not operate the electronics, its life will be severly shortened. Not saying you did, just going by a recent post of another large stereo on a boat.

Comment

I've been thru 3 in one year. Salesperson said they were getting a lot of them back with bad cells. No fun when you are ten miles out on Lake Erie and your boat won't start!

Comment

Working...
                    X