Icom GPS won't lock on satelites.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
My Icom 360ml GPS seems to grab birds but won't lock in and do computations. It goes into a search mode and grabs 7-9 satalites with a strong signal, but they never change over to the "black" bar and begin to display the information. <br /><br />What is up with this. I would really like to get this working but have met with no luck.

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Icom GPS won't lock on satelites.

All of the ICOM GP-360’s stopped working on July 17th. Similar to what happened with their predecessor, Micro Logic’s GPS units. There is a free firmware update available from ICOM. You need to send in just the unit, not the attachments. You will have priority in having the eprom updated and the unit sent back to you asap. Allow 24hrs for turnaround.<br /><br />See more info and instructions at http://www.icomamerica.com/ Click on the icon in the upper right corner, where it says GP360...connect the dots.<br /><br />Pointer, you are the second person on this forum to mention this. I haven’t turned mine on for sometime and had no idea there was even a problem. I need to go pull mine and send it in, too.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Icom GPS won't lock on satelites.

Ah thank you rabbit, checked the site and got the info. If you are in WI you have a beer coming on me. Or a better than average scotch...