Guest 2520 charger wiring question

praetorian

Cadet
Hi all,<br /><br />I've just purchased a 25 ft Sunrunner that has a Guest 2520c charger on board. The unit seems to be functional, but it's not wired at all.<br /><br />There are 2 red leads and 1 black coming from the unit. I'm guessing that this means it's a 2 channel, but it doesn't say that anywhere.<br /><br />Any help would be greatly appreciated!<br /><br />Thanks.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Guest 2520 charger wiring question

Here is a link that shows a 2520C-B but it's a 3 bank charger. They have a very good cust service section, if you send them an email or call them I'm sure they can provide you some documentation to show how it should be hooked up. Guest 2520C-B

ThomWV

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Its pretty straight forward. Connect the black wire to the negative terminal of one of your batterys. All of the batterys should be connected on their negative side by a jumper anyway so hooking up to one is just like hooking up to any other one. Then take the red wire leads and connect one to each of your two input lugs on your battery switch. Don't connect the red wires directly to the battery, or any other wires for that matter. This is a housekeeping measure, but it has its roots in safety.<br /><br />Thom

praetorian

Cadet

Thanks,<br /><br />That's about what I was figuring, but wanted to confirm (since I was really guessing anyway!)