Product Eval - Navman 2100 Fuel

tailgunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I recently purchased a Navman 2100 Fuel sender. This is a flow meter type of fuel guage. That is, it has a tranducer in the fuel line and measures fuel going through the fuel line and boasts 5% accuracy.<br /><br />Installation took about 30 minutes. I installed the transducer after the fuel/water seperator and ran the cable to the console via the cable scupper. The guage is standard size and replaced my fuel guage (which never worked very well).<br /><br />Following the instruction I set the guage to 50. I filled the tank and set off. Spent a couple of hours fishing and saw that I used 25 gallons! This seemed high.<br /><br />The guage has several modes and I chose the one that shows total and not flow. After all, 1.5gph means nothing to me. I think that it will be interesting to see the flow rates between trolling at 5mph and top speed of 30mph.<br /><br />Going over the settings I saw that the Navman is set to liters by default. I reset it to gallons, filled the tank and set off to go fishing again. Same trip showed that I used around 5 gallons. This is more like it.<br /><br />All in all I like the Navman and for $170 I am no longer worried that I will run out of fuel 25 miles from port.<br /><br />Disclaimer:<br />I don't work for nor am I compensated by Navman.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Product Eval - Navman 2100 Fuel

Tailgunner,<br />Your 5 us gals is very near to 25 litres so maybe the conversion is not too far wrong if it was set to litres by default. <br /><br />1 US gal = 3.79 litres<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Peter

Dunaruna

Admiral

Tailgunner, I've got the same navman. First time out everthing set up accurately - even drained the fuel tank and refilled using a measuring jug to get an exact capacity. <br /><br />Ran the boat all day and the navman told me I had 3 (three) litres left when I reached the boat ramp (I did this on purpose to test the system, I was carrying a jerry full of fuel). Got home, ran the engine on muffs - it ran out of fuel within 5 minutes! <br /><br />Damn accurate if you ask me. Much better than a gauge bouncing up and down.<br /><br />I also like the mpg (or litres per km) feature, play with weight, speed, trim etc and its amazing the fuel savings.<br /><br />Aldo

tailgunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Peterf, yeah I knew 25 litres was around 5 gallons. Being a dumb 'Merican I wanted a unit of measure that I knew...........:cool:<br /><br />Dunaruna, so far the unit is better than the 5% accuracy claimed. This morning, it said I was down by 5.2 gallons. The tank took 5.1 gallons. I like it erring on the cautious side. I haven't tried the mpg feature yet. I have a big fishing trip set for this weekend, I'll see what it says.<br /><br />All in all I am quite pleased with this product.

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Tailgunner,<br />Those figures sound pretty good to me.<br />I downloaded the details from Navman yesterday and I intend to follow up on that for my boat which is currently under a major rebuild and refit on all systems.<br />I am going to get a price today.<br /><br />Peter

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Got a price today,<br />NZ$300.00 or about US$200.00<br />Specs look great.<br />I got to get one for my boat, I think I can make the space on the dash.<br /><br />Peter

Icepick4u

Cadet

Hi, i have a Navman 4380 FF with a fuel transducer, works like a charm, i paid here in Argentina for the FF and the transducer around 400 US$<br />I am very happy with this pice , i have a 75 litres fuel tank ,and are very accurate ,even better than 5%<br /><br />the transducer are the same like 2100