eagle fisheasy fish finder

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer
i got a deal on a portable fish finder but i am lookin to hook it up direct. what i need to know is where can i find a mount for it and a longer power cable.will it be ok to hook it to my trolling motor battery ? it runs on 8 d batterys. i read the manual and it says it will run on 10-15 volts dc so i guess i will be ok with doing that but i only have a trolling motor battery on my little boat. will i mess the unit up with the voltage load drops from the trolling motor ?it also had a suction cup that holds the transduser on has any 1 used these my boat is aluminum and i dont really wanna drill holes in it. maybe a trolling motor mount is the way to go ? i was going to buy a regular fish finder but the local walmart had this maked down to 40 bucks so i figer how could i go wrong with that. thanks for any help. sorry about all the questions but this is my first fishfinder and i wanna hook it up right thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: eagle fisheasy fish finder

Check the Lowrance website.

You will be fine using that unit on any 12 volt battery. 8 D batterys equal 12 volts. (1.5 * 8)<br />You get the same voltage drop on both batterys.<br />I have the same unit, and I love it. I put a bolt through the back of my aluminum boat, and sealed it with chaulk. Then I put transduser on the bolt, and used a wing nut to hold it on. Works great, and is easy to remove. One way to extend you power cord is to wire a power outlet (cig lighter) and put an end on your cord.<br />Good luck and happy fishing.

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

cool thanks so i guess i only need to find a mount then because it mounts on the box and i dont need all that thanks agian