Livewell problems

Blitzwrr

Recruit
Call me stupid but I just bought an 89 Bass Tracker 1600tf. Where is the timer located? My live-well's have switch for auto but does nothing. Only work on manual.:)

Blitzwrr

Recruit
Re: Livewell problems

Also, the overflow drains out a hole above the boats drain plug. What stops water from coming in this whole to the boat. Does it have a one-way valve on it, or do I have to plug it? Haven't put it in water yet just been fixing issues such as bilge pump, aerator pumps, and minor electrical problems. Sorry I'm a noob at this..

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Hmmm--If I saw a switch marked Auto/Manual I'd assume it was the bilge pump. I think someone "improved" your set-up to a fail point.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Hmmm--If I saw a switch marked Auto/Manual I'd assume it was the bilge pump. I think someone "improved" your set-up to a fail point.

Nah, timed aerators and recirculators are common on fresh water boats with an auto/manual switch.

You don't have to worry about plugging any drains either, the livewell won't fill until you turn on the pump.

Splat

Lieutenant

The timer circuit itself is probably located behind the switch. Not all timers have a adjustable circuit, some you move some jumpers and that defines the run stop time.

Blitzwrr

Recruit

It's the overflow I'm worried about not the drain. I runs out top of tank straight out back of boat towards bottom. Is the angle of the hose supposed to stop water from coming in through the out? (Not a Zeppelin reference). Found the timers, was wondering what the 2 red miniature canisters were dangling under the dash. I think they're shot, they are getting power but not working. Found replacements on eBay. I'm putting in water on Sunday, I'm going to plug the overflow hole then pull plug after in water and see what happens.