tracker bass boat

santam

Cadet
I just bought a new tracker txw175 bass boat. I had an upgrade to 70 lb. thrust trolling motor.
I have three batteries two for trolling motor 24 volt and one for cranking 12 volt.
They tell me the on board charger will charge one of the trolling motor batteries and the cranking battery, and to charge the third trolling motor battery separately. Can I do both chargings at the same. I was told to disconnect the third battery
when I do the charging is the correct.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: tracker bass boat

You could get a 3 bank charger and not worry.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Since the outboard will charge the starting battery connect the on board charger to the 2 trolling motor batteries. This is a very common set up. However is you fish like I do (crappie fishing) I rarely run the outboard long enough or fast enough to keep the starting battery charged. So like Bob said a 3 bank charger is the way to go.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Since the outboard will charge the starting battery connect the on board charger to the 2 trolling motor batteries. This is a very common set up. However is you fish like I do (crappie fishing) I rarely run the outboard long enough or fast enough to keep the starting battery charged. So like Bob said a 3 bank charger is the way to go.

That is the set up I have. 2 DC batteries for the trolling motor, and a 12 V battery for everything else. I bought the boat used, and the PO had a 2 bank charger in the boat connected to the trolling motor deep cycles. I wish he had gone with a 3 bank......I just can't justify the cost of upgrading right now. I also don't run the outboard a ton. I do some runs across the lake or back and forth while drifting. I just end up using my normal battery charger for that starting battery when the boat gets back to the driveway.