Shakespeare electric trolling motor?

old motor

Cadet
About 20 years ago, my Dad gave me a "Shakespeare Wondertroll 52" electric trolling motor. It has one toggle switch for Off, Low, or High. It also has a label "6 or 12 volts". That's all I know about it. I have tried without success to find any specs for it; specifically the thrust rating.<br /><br />Does anyone have access to this info?<br /><br />Thanks in advance!

fishhookdog

Recruit
Re: Shakespeare electric trolling motor?

i too have the same shakespear motor mine is 23 lb thrust . i am also looking for more information on it .mainly the the wiring. my low speed does not work.if you ever locate any info on it let me know . and i will do same here. thanks

fishhookdog

Recruit

i too have the same shakespear motor mine is 23 lb thrust . i am also looking for more information on it .mainly the the wiring. my low speed does not work.if you ever locate any info on it let me know . and i will do same here. thanks

old motor

Cadet

Caddo, thanks for the info on the thrust of that motor. I was guessing it was quite low, but I've never used any other electric to compare it to.<br /><br />I have used it on an 8' wooden dingy with just me aboard. Just curious, what kind of boat do you use with yours?<br /><br />I'll bet that speed control of yours could be fixed by an electrical appiance repair shop, or someone good at electronics. It could just be a faulty switch that needs replacing, but that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

listaugr

Recruit

EDIT: This thread is seven years old, Lisa. Replying to old threads is forbidden.

You have also violated the rule against soliciting and the rule against posting Email.

That must be a record, breaking three rules in one, three line post.:facepalm::facepalm:

Better read the rules or be banished forever.

Thanks for your future cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator: