1997 24v motorguide 767 Brute Force. NEED SOME HELP B4 Fishing trip

zackb22

Recruit
I was given a brute force 767 motorguide trolling motor. It is a 1997 24v. I am having issues with getting it to work as it is supposed to. I was told that the only thing i needed was a new micro switch. I got one of those and replaced it. Where I am running into problems is when i hook it up it just starts running. I can control the speed and everything with the variable adjust just dont know how to wire up the foot switch to the toggle and up to the circuit board on top of the head. I cannot seem to find a diagram and would hate to bring it to the guy that charges 100$ a hour in town when it seems like it is something simple. I have not hooked it up to straight 24v while I was working on it just used one battery in the garage. Anyone have any advice they could lend or have an idea of what is going on? If i could get a wiring diagram for a 97 24v I think I would be set but cant seem to locate one.

Mainly just need to know where the wire from the battery is supposed to go. Straight to the circuit board on top (where the guy at it going) or to the toggle switch, micro, then up to the board??

Last edited: