Using Ipad as chartplotter and streaming audio

myers368

Cadet
I'm thinking about just removing my old school 2003 chartplotter and permanently mounting an Ipad on my console. I boat on the lake so a chartplotter is not a huge necessity for me, but from what I can see, the Ipads have good chartplotter apps that run without the need for wifi/cell service anyway. More importantly, I run all of my music from spotify and would like to have it all available at the touch of a button. I will be upgrading the audio system as well and am thinking I will just get a bluetooth compatible receiver and can stream from spotify.

If I mount the ipad, I don't want something that makes it look like it was supposed to be installed there and the best option I can find for mounts are flush wall mounts. Has anyone hard-mounted an Ipad and used it for these other options (chartplotter and/or streaming music to bluetooth receiver)? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

red.donzi

Cadet
Re: Using Ipad as chartplotter and streaming audio

I am using the otterbox utility latch attached to a two piece arm mount. The app i use is 'eSeaCharts', works great on the Potomac River, uses real NOAA charts (does need a connection at times).
Ideally I was going to bluetooth itunes or pandora to my receiver but with my stereo system being in the cabin it is not direct line of sight and all the decent bluetooth receivers need power. Still working that part out (installing a 12volt USB port in cabin).

Can upload pics of the mount if helpful.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
For the mount go to link at bottom of my post...........for the app I heard a lot of good things about navionics marine and lakes, I downloaded it a couple weeks ago and so far I am very pleased and surprised at all you get.........well worth the time to check it out.