replacement for older Bennett TT helm switch

mikey1041

Cadet
I am looking for a replacement for the older type Bennett TT switch, the type with the rubber buttons.

The rubber/contacts has deteriorated to the point where I have to press down very hard to extend or raise the tabs.

The system works fine otherwise..... I cannot seem to find the same switch, anywhere. I am not opposed to using a Lenco, but would prefer not to alter the opening in the console of the boat, unless absolutely necessary.

any ideas where I can get one of the older switches? Or, is Bennett now Lenco? Thanks all!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: replacement for older Bennett TT helm switch

contact bennet directly. their customer service is supurb. Tabman on the forum should be along shortly. He is our member from Bennett.

however I believe the old style switch has been replaced with a newer one.

you can also check Ebay.

Bondo

Staff member

contact bennet directly. their customer service is supurb. Tabman on the forum should be along shortly. He is our member from Bennett.

however I believe the old style switch has been replaced with a newer one.

you can also check Ebay.

Ayuh,.... Tabman Tom stops by quite often, but If he misses yer post, just call Bennett's, 'n they
'll help ya out,...

Great folks servin' a Great product,...

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

I am looking for a replacement for the older type Bennett TT switch, the type with the rubber buttons.

The rubber/contacts has deteriorated to the point where I have to press down very hard to extend or raise the tabs.

The system works fine otherwise..... I cannot seem to find the same switch, anywhere. I am not opposed to using a Lenco, but would prefer not to alter the opening in the console of the boat, unless absolutely necessary.

any ideas where I can get one of the older switches? Or, is Bennett now Lenco? Thanks all!

Mikey,

That is our old RT1000 switch, it has been out of production for quite a few years now. I doubt that any dealers would have any left in stock, although you may find one on E-bay. It has been replaced by our ES2000 which most dealers keep in stock and can be used to replace your old switch. You will have to enlarge the hole in the dashboard about 1/8" if my memory of the old switch is correct.

I hope this is helpful,

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine

mikey1041

Cadet

Thank you guys, exactly what I needed to know.

I saw the ES2000, but wondered if it is waterproof. I guess "water resistant" is good enough!