Differences between these switch panel

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer
I'm going to make some improvements on my electrical system. I want to buy a new switch panel and fuse panel. When I was looking I ran into these panels. the one with the fuses and switchs, can i just run the wire from the panel to my lights directly or does it need to goto a fuse panel? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Differences between these switch panel

I'm going to make some improvements on my electrical system. I want to buy a new switch panel and fuse panel. When I was looking I ran into these panels. the one with the fuses and switchs, can i just run the wire from the panel to my lights directly or does it need to goto a fuse panel? Thanks

You only have one image showing, the other didn't make the trip if there should have been two. With that, you either need a breaker panel or a fuse panel, don't need both. Breakers are easier to reset but also take a split second more time to break connection. Use fuses where you have delicate electronics (VHF, GPS, etc). You can use a breaker panel and still use inline fuses from them to specific electronics

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... It's a combined switch/ fuse panel, ya, just wire it up,...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

With that panel it has a common power feed to each switch and fuse, the power feed from your fuse panel needs a 20 amp or so fuse with 12 Gage wire then it is sent out to what ever device you need and a glass fuse of the correct size. I use that one, its been very dependable over the years.

switch panel.jpg

Last edited:

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer
Switch panel question

Switch panel question

I want to make some improvements on my switch panel. I saw this one but I'm confused on installing my devices to it. Is there a connection point inwhich isn't shown? How would I go about connecting my devices to it. Any tips would be greatly appricated.

http://bit.ly/1m1c0uI

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Switch panel question

Re: Switch panel question

I want to make some improvements on my switch panel. I saw this one but I'm confused on installing my devices to it. Is there a connection point inwhich isn't shown? How would I go about connecting my devices to it. Any tips would be greatly appricated.

http://bit.ly/1m1c0uI

Ayuh,... The pictures are terrible, I'm guessin' there's connector tabs where ya can see,...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Well on the first one its like this. The other one i don't know you will have to find a print on it. I do like the ATC fuses on the E bay one.

sea dog switch panel.jpg

Last edited: