Wiring Mess on Tracker Pro Guide 16 need wiring diagram

gwgautney

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought a 1998 Tracker Pro Guide 16 with mess for wiring.. I guess guy was in the process of rewiring and just quit. I have a mess of wires that go nowhere. It has a plug on one end but nothing on the other and a lot of things just don't match up. The only things that worked when I got it was the motor cranked and a couple of the gauges. I wired up bilge and aerator by running temp wires just to make sure everything works. I don't have a problem just wiring it like that but I have a mess of wires that I have to figure out whats what so I can either fix those or tear them out and rerun everything. If anybody could help me with color codes or wiring diagram that would be great.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Wiring Mess on Tracker Pro Guide 16 need wiring diagram

I bought a 1998 Tracker Pro Guide 16 with mess for wiring.. I guess guy was in the process of rewiring and just quit. I have a mess of wires that go nowhere. It has a plug on one end but nothing on the other and a lot of things just don't match up. The only things that worked when I got it was the motor cranked and a couple of the gauges. I wired up bilge and aerator by running temp wires just to make sure everything works. I don't have a problem just wiring it like that but I have a mess of wires that I have to figure out whats what so I can either fix those or tear them out and rerun everything. If anybody could help me with color codes or wiring diagram that would be great.

Below is a link to download the Merc wiring diagram. SO far as everything else we can try to help but need to see what you see. It may be best to just take it out and star over

http://www.boatfix.com/merc/techbk/96/96hgd4.pdf

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Wiring Mess on Tracker Pro Guide 16 need wiring diagram

And this for the rest.

GW Wiring Diagrams 2.jpg