Plug/Receptacle for Minn Kota Edge 55lb

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
I am replacing my old and worn out 28lb motor with a new Minn Kota Edge, 55lb rated bow mount. Will add a second battery and fuse at the battery but the cables from the motor won't reach as is. So, I can either run cables and splice into the new cable on the motor, or, add a plug/receptacle so I can remove the motor when needed. The problem is that this motor needs to be fused at 60 amps. The twist lock devices I see don't show an amperage rating that I can see. I have a small Minn Kota twist lock already that I hate as it is cheaply made and it also does not show a rating....Any suggestions? I am used to dealing with twist lock devices for AC and a 60 amp unit rated for AC/DC is LARGE and don't think is needed here....I see a 4 wire plug in type that carries that rating but really want to avoid that type of device as they tend to become loose over time.

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Plug/Receptacle for Minn Kota Edge 55lb

Do you folks hook yours up directly? I can run a cable to the trolling motor to the batteries if that is the norm. Was just thinking it would be nice to be able to disconnect in case I need to take off the boat for some reaon.