Faria gauge help please

The Revenge

Seaman
I'm installing a new faria volt meter and fuel gauge on my resto project.
It also has a new evinrude ignition switch on the dash. I can identify the accessory wire off the back of the switch. It goes 4-5 inches then directly into a plastic connector.

I would like the fuel gauge and volt meter to come on when you turn the key switch on.
Anyone know how to make that happen?
Thanks

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Faria gauge help please

A purple wire at the switch is normally the switched power lead.

The Revenge

Seaman

Yes it's the purple wire. I'm just not sure how to hook it up to the fuel gauge.
Also the yellow/red stripe wire came unplugged new, like it needs something between it and the male plug on the back of the switch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0

Thalasso

Commander

I posted this at the other place you asked also. Don't know if this will help or not.

Went back and saw your reply. Are you asking how to connect the big plug side to the post on the ignition?
Put a spade (male or female) connector on one end of a piece of wire and a o ring crimp connector on the other end. The spade would go to the plug and the crimp to the post on the I switch.

Last edited:

The Revenge

Seaman

Yes thank you. I know how the wires run. I'm just not sure how to or the proper way to tap into this purple wire coming out of the ignition switch. It runs straight into the plastic connector. It is the acc wire.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0