Minn Kota Assist Mount Similar to the Gator Mount?

mrlewp87

Cadet
After doing some research, and asking advice from a forum, I was nudged into the Minn Kota column. Two days ago I nearly destroyed the shipping carton in a hurry to get at the new motor and start the mounting process. Sadly, it wasn't a good fit, in more than one way.
For reasons I've yet to determine, the electric steer type motors all come with a short mounting bracket.
My V-hull Key Largo boat doesn't allow for a safe, easy means of positioning yourself almost directly above the motor shaft in order to lift a heavy, 70lb thrust motor up enough to easily pivot the shaft backwards and lift further until it can lie down on the mount. If you're fishing only in clear, weedless waters, maybe it's not a concern.
I used to have a MotorGuide with the Gator bracket. I could remain seated most of the time, while easily raising the motor, clearing weeds from the prop, and get right back to fishing. At worst I might kneel beside the motor/mount if clearing the prop, but mostly stay seated well away from the edge of the boat.
I'm looking to exchange the motor, and have seen some MKs with mounts similar in appearance to MGuides Gator mounts. MK's details are vague at best, and don't even describe the workings of these mounts. Oddly, there's not even a pull rope in any of the pictures of their motors having this lift-assist mount!?? At least, I should note..., in the pages I'm viewing on the MK factory outlet site.
Should I look elsewhere, with the real question being (finally, I know :) ;
Do these brackets function in the same manner as MotorGuides Gator mounts?