Problems installing Clarion M109. No power, trouble wiring.

burrben

Recruit
Hi,
I just bought a Tahoe 220 deck boat that had a rusted out JVC stereo in it that didn't work right, and barely powered any of the speakers. So I decided to buy a Clarion M109. I was hoping the wiring would be easy, but not so much.

As I carefully removed the JVC, I labeled all the speaker wires and moved them to the side. What I was left with was 3 wires coming out of a "Fuse and Filter Box". Green, Black and White. The JVC red was connected to green. The JVC black was connected to black. White was unconnected.
20140301_174935.jpg

The M109 has a variety of connectors that seem to go to power. Just to see if it powered on I hooked up the Yellow 3amp and the Red to the Green coming out of the box. This is what the JVC seemed to use for power. I hooked up the black to black, this was the JVC's ground. And I hooked up all the speakers, those colors all matched.

I turned on my Battery Box switch to Both, put my key in and switched to the Accessory position. Pressed the SRC button on the Clarion...and nothing. I did the reset procedure, still nothing. Any ideas?
clarionwiring.jpg

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Problems installing Clarion M109. No power, trouble wiring.

Try bypassing the "fuse & filter box" and go directly to the fuse block and negative bus.

jrcorvette

Recruit
Re: Problems installing Clarion M109. No power, trouble wiring.

Clarion has really bad documentation on the wiring. I am trying to figure out how to add a powered sub-woofer to my M109 and can not located a sub-out. With my old Sony is was easy. Anyone have any info that might help???

Thanks