89 javelins bass boat electrical problem

swampterror

Recruit
I have an 89 javelins bass boat. It ran fine at the end if the summer this last year I put the batteries in the boat today and had no power to anything the batteries are fully charged and good. But I can't get any of the lights or gauges or anything to turn on. I haven't had a chance to go thru all the wires yet but it stayed under a cover and dry all winter now I have nothing any ideas?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: 89 javelins bass boat electrical problem

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

First impressions: Either you've missed a connection or something has damaged the wiring, like a critter gnawing on it.

swampterror

Recruit

Yea that is what I was thinking i have to go thru it today and see what I can find

swampterror

Recruit

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

First impressions: Either you've missed a connection or something has damaged the wiring, like a critter gnawing on it.

I found ants all over the wiring I didn't see any damage but it is hard to see in there I guess I'm gonna have to take it to a mechanic and see if he can get it right I have no clue when it comes to wiring

stratos150xp

Seaman Apprentice

What motor do u have? On my 88 stratos i have an evinrude, and at the motor, under the cowl, on the port side, i have a fuse, that if blown, it cuts power to everything....or is it possible that there is a small wire you didnt hook up at the battery, i also have a wire that runs from the battery to the console that supplies voltage to the console.....if that wire is unhooked i have no power anywhere., and if that fuse is blown, theres nothing..

Last edited:

swampterror

Recruit

I have a 70hp Johnson. I took it to the boat shop last week and I had one of the wires twisted and it Blew a fuse and burnt a wire end. And then I have power back to the console and motor but now I have to track down why my trolling motor doesn't work

stratos150xp

Seaman Apprentice

Your trolling motor batteries should be on the port side of the boat in the back, the wiring for the trolling motor should be seperate from the console/motor wiring...all the trolling motor wiring runs up the port side....

I have a 70hp Johnson. I took it to the boat shop last week and I had one of the wires twisted and it Blew a fuse and burnt a wire end. And then I have power back to the console and motor but now I have to track down why my trolling motor doesn't work