simple wiring diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porbeagle

Cadet
Hi!
All of the very interesting threads about wiring diagrams, wiring gauges , battery hookups etc. originally had photoshop
diagrams.These seem to have been pulled or run out with time.Nearly all questions that I have about wiring could be
answered if I could see those photobucket diagrams.I am especially interested in those posted by SILVERTIP.He has
been very helpful in his responses to members questions.The sticky at the top of the page seems to have the same
problem.Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?In any case,Iboats has a GREAT site here with many experts in all
fields. Thanks, Porbeagle.

wrench 3

Commander
Re: simple wiring diagrams

I see what you mean with regards to the threads at the top of the forum. Some had diagrams directly onto the post but the remainder are no longer available. Don's make sense since he's no longer with us and they probably closed his Photobucket account. But I don't know about Silvertip's.

If you need wiring for a specific system, maybe I can help you out?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

It seems some of the diagrams I have posted over the years have become valuable to someone who has elected to go commercial with them. While information published in public forums generally becomes public domain I take issue with making money off of things I volunteered my time and effort to create with the end game being that I helped some folks. Then there was an incident where I clicked on a diagram I originally created but posted by another member and the diagram turned out to be a screen shot of my computer desktop. That didn't come from me, photobucket or iboats. I still cannot explain how that was possible but it happened and I don't take kindly to hacking. As a result I elected to close my Photobucket account and scrapped every diagram for my own protection. Overkill -- probably but I was nevertheless upset. The last straw is the ever increasing trend toward the "I'm right and your wrong" or "I'm more right than you" philosophy that always seems to work its way into forums. Discussion is one thing. Being downright nasty and name calling is just over the top. That said, I have not posted for a couple of months and other than this explanation of what happened, I will no longer do so. I keep checking in periodically because there is one PM I continue to deal with. Lastly, before Don was taken from us, he and I worked on a plan for him to download my entire diagram library and do with what he and iBoats wanted. That never happened for obvious reasons. There was also a discussion at one time where iBoats was considering using some diagrams in the description of some of their products. That too never happened. Hope this clears up the disappearing diagram issue. Sorry I had to do what I did. Just don't make more of this than was already said. Cheers & boat safely.

foodfisher

Captain

Wow! Guess I should have scrolled the sticky before replying. What a shame to lose all that help.

wrench 3

Commander

Silvertip, I'm glad your still with us. I got a little worried when I noticed that there hadn't been any activity from you since the middle of December.

NYBo

Admiral

I have a couple of those diagrams saved on my computer, but I won't post them out of deference to your wishes, Silvertip.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How can I get a wiring diagram for a 1989 Sylvan Pro Fisherman

First thing you do is start your own thread. That's if you want results. And add a little about the boat, like why you need the diagram. With the exception of the motor, most wiring is pretty much generic.

I need advice on how to connect up my 1994 Bayliner Capri boat's wiring for lights, bilge pump, and radio. It has had the Force motor removed and an older Mercury installed. The adaptor for wiring looks like it plugged into the Force's wiring. How can I simply get power to these accessories from my battery. The original plug has several prongs, etc. Any help is appreciated! Russell

CCHoliday

Recruit
Looking for a wiring diagram for a 1999 Voyager tritoon 21ft fun and fish. I own this boat...
I'm going to add an amplified stereo system and considering on changing the fuse block from glass fuses to marine block with blade fuses

Thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.