Livewell Aerator Problems

7lazy77

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am having problems with my Aluminum boat's manual aerator blowing the 5A fuse immediately after I flip the switch on. Where & how would I begin tracking down the problem? Electrical is NOT my strong-point! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Livewell Aerator Problems

I am having problems with my Aluminum boat's manual aerator blowing the 5A fuse immediately after I flip the switch on. Where & how would I begin tracking down the problem? Electrical is NOT my strong-point! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ayuh,.... It's probably the pump itself, so start there,...

is the impeller free of crud,..??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

First thing to do is disconnect the pump and put in a new fuse and flip the switch, if it blows, its in the wiring, if it dosnt replace the pump.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Sounds like an electrical issue. (I moved the thread) Depending on the age of the pump...... I would change the fuse and DISCONNECT the pump to check the voltage at the pump end. That will eliminate if you have a short in the switch which is possible. If needed remove the pump and try it separately.

If it is the pump then look at what iboats has available ;) Livewell Aerator Pumps & Live Bait Wells - iboats