Relocate batteries.

mbrown2097

Cadet
Hey guys,
I have a procraft fish and ski boat that has 3 batteries. All are currently in the center aft compartment. Unfortunately, my fuel tank is in the same area of the boat (OEM Setup). Fundamentally, I have a problem with having fuel and electrical in the same hatch. I am considering moving the 2 trolling motor batteries to the front of the boat (where the bow mount tm is.) Not sure of the weight of the batteries, I guess 50 lbs each. Will adding 100 pounds to the front of my boat be a big deal? Am I wrong in wanting to move fuel and electric to separate compartments?
Procraft 18.5 ft. (fish and ski)
Merc 150.

Thanks for any advice.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Relocate batteries.

Hey guys,
I have a procraft fish and ski boat that has 3 batteries. All are currently in the center aft compartment. Unfortunately, my fuel tank is in the same area of the boat (OEM Setup). Fundamentally, I have a problem with having fuel and electrical in the same hatch. I am considering moving the 2 trolling motor batteries to the front of the boat (where the bow mount tm is.) Not sure of the weight of the batteries, I guess 50 lbs each. Will adding 100 pounds to the front of my boat be a big deal? Am I wrong in wanting to move fuel and electric to separate compartments?
Procraft 18.5 ft. (fish and ski)
Merc 150.

Thanks for any advice.

Ayuh,.... 100 lbs in the bow, will No doubt affect the way the hull handles, 'n planes,....

Batteries also don't like the Poundin' action either,...

Properly secured batteries are not a safety issue, same compartment or not,....