Navionics for Iphone?

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Hey guys. I have a humminbird 898 with side imaging. I was thinking about adding a stand alone GPS/chartplotter so that when I am scanning channels for fish, bait and structure, I could have my 898 screen taken up by side imaging and 2d sonar, and have the chart showing me the channel on a different unit. Basically, it will be an easy way of giving me more screen surface while I am scanning.

I was reading about the USA by navionics for the Iphone and had a few ?'s for those who have it. Does it use your 3G data because I don't have unlimited data on my phone. Does it seem accurate? And where do you purchase it?

All in all, it seems totally worth the $15 ticket price.......

raven1978

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Navionics for Iphone?

I have navionics us & canada on my iphone, ipad mini, and android tablet and can say NO it does not use any data. Download the app from the app store and download the map data for your region while at home on wifi. And as for accuracy, you get about 3 meter/15 feet accuracy. I use it as my chatplotter while on the boat and it works great for my purposes. Hope this helps abit.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

I have navionics us & canada on my iphone, ipad mini, and android tablet and can say NO it does not use any data. Download the app from the app store and download the map data for your region while at home on wifi. And as for accuracy, you get about 3 meter/15 feet accuracy. I use it as my chatplotter while on the boat and it works great for my purposes. Hope this helps abit.

Thanks Rav, I believe I will invest the $15 into this.

Pez Vela

Chief Petty Officer

So long as your iPhone is GPS equipped (3G or newer versions) you should be quite pleased.

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Cool pez. It is GPS equipped so I am going to try it. Thanks for the feedback!