2 wired remotes on a Sony CDXM30

gapple12

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I currently have a wired remote on the dash for my Sony CDXM30, but I want to add another wired remote to the rear of the boat. Anyone had any experience wiring in 2 remotes to one plug ? Possible ?

Thanks......

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 2 wired remotes on a Sony CDXM30

I do not have the CDXM30, however I do have the H910UI with a wired remote. If the CDX uses the same wired remotes as mine, you will need a Y adapter. Something like this (center piece in this kit); RM X55M Wired Marine Remote Control | eBay
However I am not sure what your head unit requires.

Last edited:

gapple12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not have the CDXM30, however I do have the H910UI with a wired remote. If the CDX uses the same wired remotes as mine, you will need a Y adapter. Something like this (center piece in this kit); RM X55M Wired Marine Remote Control | eBay
However I am not sure what your head unit requires.

Thanks, so that would "Y" in the multi-pin plug, but I'm curious if I can also "Y" in the smaller 3.5mm plug.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Why would you want to "Y" in the 3.5mm ?

gapple12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why would you want to "Y" in the 3.5mm ?

My current remote only has a 3.5mm plug into the back of the stereo, not the multi-pin. I want to add another remote for the rear of the boat that also has a 3.5mm plug. So I would need a way to plug in (2) 3.5mm plugs to my deck, there for needing a "Y" adapter.

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Looking further it looks like you have the RM-X4S rotary commander. Does this look correct? https://docs.sony.com/release/RMX4S.pdf

If so, I don't believe it can be split.

edit: Doing more research and I found this page;http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=201&mdl=CDXM30

It states your receiver is compatible with the RMX60 and RMX55 which means you should be able to split. Are you sure you don't have the DIN plug on the back of your head unit?

Last edited:

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Found it -

See the CDX-M30 Manual - see *6 - probably can't do it…..

https://docs.sony.com/release/CDXM30_install.pdf

edit: so now I'm confused. My head unit manual says the same thing……. I was pretty sure I could add another remote to the rear of my boat…..

Last edited:

gapple12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is a picture of the remote in my boat right now, just has a power and ground harness and a 3.5mm plug. I want to add another remote just like it. I wont be using the multi-pin connector at all. Both remotes will just have power, ground, and a 3.5mm plug. So a "Y" harness for the 3.5 will be needed.

photo789.jpg

Here is the remote I want to add to the rear of the boat.

Sony? Non-Digital Marine Remote Commander | Bass Pro Shops

Last edited:

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry about my my earlier conniption fits :face palm:

Read this thread - Sony Cdx-M60Ui - Stereo Info & How-To - TheMalibuCrew.com Keep in mind this is for my head unit, however I do have the 3.5 connection as well as the DIN for the RMX60M because of the readout- Read philwsailz thread

You're warmer down there so PLEASE let me know if this works for you (see below) - I have another 4 months before I see my boat.

gapple12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry about my my earlier conniption fits :face palm:

Read this thread - Sony Cdx-M60Ui - Stereo Info & How-To - TheMalibuCrew.com Keep in mind this is for my head unit, however I do have the 3.5 connection as well as the DIN for the RMX60M because of the readout- Read philwsailz thread

You're warmer down there so PLEASE let me know if this works for you (see below) - I have another 4 months before I see my boat.

GREAT !!! Thanks for the link, that is what I needed. So with a 3.5mm "Y" adapter, it will work. :)