GPS/Chartplotter/Fish Finder

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Hey fellow iboaters...

Looking for some input in a new GPS/Chartplotter/Finshfinder! I'm leaning towards the Lowrance HDS5 as it has all the features I'm looking for...plus it has the ability to tie-in the Lowrance sound system (Sonichub), which appeals to me for some silly reason?

I don't really fish (occasionally), I just want GPS for speed and distance traveled and and then chartplotter (not that I can't remember where I go...I'm in Colorado...99% of the time I can see all sides of the lake, so getting lost or "back" is not really a question?)

Anybody got anything to add, take away?

Thanks in Advance,

~Brett

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
Re: GPS/Chartplotter/Fish Finder

Thats a good unit. My friend has one on his Sea Ray 260DA - I went with the Elite-7 HDI. I don't have Radar nor the Sonichub but I wanted a larger screen, down scan, sonar, chart plotting and the 3 screens……YOu should be happy with it if that is the direction you're going.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Thats a good unit. My friend has one on his Sea Ray 260DA - I went with the Elite-7 HDI. I don't have Radar nor the Sonichub but I wanted a larger screen, down scan, sonar, chart plotting and the 3 screens……YOu should be happy with it if that is the direction you're going.

FOR: 1
AGAINST: 0

Thanks!

Brett

agallant80

Commander

I have the Lowrance Elite 7 and its a great unit.

chriscraft254

Commander

I have (2) hds-7 units and have been very happy with them and the service I have received from Lowrance support. If you can afford to move up in size, you will enjoy a bigger screen. Good luck.