Three bad radios in a row????????????????????

2005Vip

Seaman Apprentice
I'm on my third brand new receiver and I'm at a loss. The receiver is a Boss MR1308UAB.

Amazon.com: Boss Audio Systems Bluetooth Audio Streaming Device MR1308UAB: GPS & Navigation

The first one I hooked up and it worked great until the second time I used the boat and it quit all of the sudden. I tested everything and nothing. The second radio turned on for a few seconds and was done. The third one did nothing. I only have two speakers and have confirm that the speaker wires are correct. I have tested and confirmed the ground, switched and constant. I have about 12.6 volts at the harness that I'm plugging into the back of the radio. When the boat is running it is about 14.1. This is not rocket science here, it's only three wires. I just have a hard time believing that three radios in a row are bad. And yes I know that this is not the best brand name out there, but I should not have this many problems.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss.

Lyle29464

Lieutenant
Re: Three bad radios in a row????????????????????

bad wires or connections can give a good reading on your volt meter but not carry the current to operate anything. I would see if your wires to the radio will operate a spotlight.

Check the operation manual a to z

If the receiver is really bad I would test the output of your alternator for A/C You may need a good quality meter to do this.

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Three bad radios in a row????????????????????

Looking at at the specifications, the first thing that jumps out at me is the operating voltage is listed as 11-14 VDC. Cheaper electronics manufacturer' typical scrimp on the voltage protection scheme.