Humminbird 570

Lewis72

Cadet
Hi everyone,
Just scored a humminbird 570 from the flea market today for 10 dollars. It had the price tag on it from walmart for 153 bucks! The guy i bought it from got it out of a storage unit he bought at an auction. It came with no cords or transducer so i will be buying them off amazon. I just need help wiring it. I know you mount the transducer to the transom but where do you wire the power cord to? I would like to wire it to the boats electrical system. How would i do this without going strait to the battery? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!!

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Humminbird 570

Before doing anything, I would power it up see if the unit is free from missing pixels or dead lines going across the screen. Buy a power cable and see if the head unit is working properly. (I've had to replace 3-4 sonar units due to screen problems.)

Did you get anything besides the head unit, did it come with the base, clips, retainers and screws for the base? All of the accessories (ducer, power cable, base assembly) are going to cost you dearly, and could be a good portion of a brand new unit.....

Installation instructions are downloadable from Humminbird's website.

Lewis72

Cadet

1019131453.jpg
This is it, I hope the picture worked. It did come with the detachable base though. I have s.s. screws so thats no problem. I priced the power cable on amazon for 12.99 and the transducer(the one with the temperature sender) for 62.99 and since all of its over 25 dollars I can get free shipping. I already downloaded the operation manuel but i still need to get the installation instructions. If i get all this ill have about 86 bucks in all which i know will not hardly buy the cheapest one at the store. Does this sound like a good deal?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

You connect the power and ground to any point that has 12 volts present. That can be at the battery or at the console. Ground is ground wherever you find it.