fish finder gps combo

jerkoz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
looking to buy a fishfinder gps combo over the winter to replace my eagle fishfinder. will put the eagle up front by the trolling motor. confused by so many different models. would like to get a simple one that marks the fish,location.and marks the spot and uses the gps to travel back and to different coordinents .they all seem to have more options then I can use or want. can anyone help or advise? ps , looked at some humminbirds in the 400.00 to 500.00 range

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
Re: fish finder gps combo

Lowerance Elite 5 is a nice unit. I have the Elite 7 HDI which they also make in the 5.(has regular sonar and DSI with the chart plotter)

Both have a track back so if you mark a fish - you can scroll back and it will take you back to that location on your GPS/Chartplotter.....However you will also need to buy Lake Insight maps for your chart plotter in addition to the unit.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

If you can't wow them with performance, baffle them with useless features.

nerys

Seaman Apprentice

My plan is to use my pantech element (nice little dual core WATERPROOF android tablet) running navionics for chart plotting and an ibobber from realsonar.com once they release in the next month or so ($99) which also links to an app on the tablet (well maybe not my pantech not sure if it has BTLE or not) while both would work on my G Tab 2 I think the tab 2 is not water proof)