Smartcraft DTS error

Fortyone02

Recruit
Installation; Twin 2010 Mercruiser QSD 4.2's with Bravo II sterndrives; Smartcraft gauges, DTS controls

Both engines were removed to repair steering pivot arm leaks in the Bravo 2?s (no need to go there save to tell you obviously all harnesses would have been disconnected).

Indication; The Smartcraft gauges now operate differently.
The engine gauges are synchronised where before modes could be set individually for each engine.
Now selecting a mode on one engine changes the mode on the other.

Problem; An intermittent problem is experienced with the DTS shift.
With shifts synchronised the Port engine goes into neutral when getting onto the plane;
Fault displayed; Hydraulic Shift Ac?

With careful throttle control you can coax the DTS through this and all runs fine.
Once in fault mode the starboard engine Smartcraft gauge mode cannot be changed, it flicks back to the mode it was in.

Any insights? With thanks

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Smartcraft DTS error

Hi there, With the problems described and work done, your going to have to go have the the DTS system recalibrate by an authorized Mercruiser dealer that has and is familiar with using the Mercruiser CDS scan tool computer system.

Also the Hydraulic Shift fault could be a misadjusted cable going to the drive from the shift plate. I recall Mercruiser had a service bulletin notification pertaining to the shift actuator assembly. Your dealer may want to verify if it pertains to your engine model or not. I do not recall the service bulletin number though.

Good luck.:)

Fortyone02

Recruit
Re: Smartcraft DTS error

Hi there, With the problems described and work done, your going to have to go have the the DTS system recalibrate by an authorized Mercruiser dealer that has and is familiar with using the Mercruiser CDS scan tool computer system.

Also the Hydraulic Shift fault could be a misadjusted cable going to the drive from the shift plate. I recall Mercruiser had a service bulletin notification pertaining to the shift actuator assembly. Your dealer may want to verify if it pertains to your engine model or not. I do not recall the service bulletin number though.

Good luck.:)

Thank you. I'll ask the agent about the service bulletin