Motorguide Wireless w75 quit

vgitzke

Cadet
My Motorguide Wireless w75 quit working at all - fob nor foot pedal does anything but i have 24.1 volts going into the black control module. Replaced batteries both in the fob and foot control - no beeps or any action at all. Does not make any sound at all when plugging power into it - used to make a beeping noise. Any help appreciated!

DLaMar

Cadet
Re: Motorguide Wireless w75 quit

Had similar problems with the 12 volt version of your motor. First, inspect the trolling motor plug connectors to be certain they are clean and the plastic shows no sign of melting. Had a plug on a prior boat that did not fully seat easily, the current arced, and the damaged plug / connector would no longer make connection. Secondly, fob and foot controller battery change is simply a matter of putting in new battery and re-assembling the case. But, there is an initialization process for the fob and foot controller so check your manual or the Motor Guide web site. Finally, and I'm over my head on this so take with salt, I'd expect a bit more voltage than 24.1. So, are all battery and wiring connections clean and tight? A lose battery connection or less than adequate wiring butt joint can cause all sorts of heartburn.