85 Astroglass wiring diagram

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need help, i just bought a 85 Astroglass 15.3 ft bass boat (model unknown at this time) with a 79 Chrysler 75 hp motor. Guys said the lights, livewell aerator and bilge pump worked last year when he parked it. Now none work. I took the dash panel off an it's dusty and a mess under there. Anyone got a wiring diagram? I have some basics i some info this morning just have to wait till i get home. I'm going to try to get those working and the tach and fuel gauge. Any help would be appreciated, i have some knowledge of electrical systems and wiring along with a multi-meter.

Forgot to mention the only thing on the dash that works is the trim, trim doesn't work from bow. Will post pics later.

Thanks

Last edited:

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 85 Astroglass wiring diagram

update, I've sprayed WD40 in the switches and took some of the leads off and back on and now the dash light comes on, the nav lights come on, the speedo lit up so may work and the spot light comes on, the fuel gauge worked no light though but i'll take it. But I got to tell you it's a hot mess, I found voltage at places with no wire attached, wires jumped from one to another etc. So if someone can help me with a diagram I would appreciate it. I've seen the basics and I have the diagram from the motor now.

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Bob. Yeah it's a mess under there. I'm on to he tach today to see if I can get it connected to the mohor today, all the wires are connected to it but one gray wire has been cut, trying to see where it goes.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

The gray wire is the signal wire from the motor to the tach.

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok, update all its a 154V and I've got the aerator pump working after cleaning and flushing the bilge area out and sending water into the inlet from a water hose. Still working on the bilge pump, will loosen the mounting screws and flush it out. It was seariously nasty, bolts, cotter pins, glass, rocks, dirt and paper down in there. Looking better now. Seems to me on this boat though that the overflows for the livewell are going to be below the waterline. I had it in the water once checking to see if it floated and see if the motor was running properly and it had issues with the fule pump not being powered up and i was messing with that and checking that i wasn't sinking to notice if water was coming in through the overflow pipes. Anybody know, looks like factory work to me but i haven't seen many pictures of this model year of Astroglass to see. Thanks for all the help, so far no go on the Tach after i get the bilge pump working or replaced that's the final thing to solve, till i can store the boat in a dry place this winter and rewire the entire thing to work the way it should.

"fuel pump not being powered up" The motor has a electric fuel pump ?

The overflows are near or underwater on the live wells and that is normal. The overflow drains in the live well are higher so no water should run in but water will come up from the bottom drain and half fill the live well if you don't put the plug in. Most people learn this the hard way when they try to use the live well as a storage bin and everything gets wet.
As for the electrical problems you seem to be on the right track just work on one item at a time and you will get there.

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yeah it was the aerator pump running and not a fuel pump, I've been getting educated the last few days as to this boat and motor. Got everything working just have to know the switch positions for what, lol! Now I had issues with the motor that I've posted in other forums and figured it out, it was a blown head gasket, everything looks fine on the cylinder walls and pistons they all move up and down fine. Got the timing set also so once I get the gasket on it should be happy boating. Thanks for everyone's help. Oh I had to replace the bilge pump it was fried, it was so gummed up it wouldn't turn, cleaned it and got it moving freely connected straight to the battery and nothing. I tell you they sure don't give you much room in the bilge area to do anything that's for sure. Got to be a contortionist to mount anything down there. LOL happy boating all.