Horn, Blower, Fuel Guage and Bilge Issues

What are the chances that All 4 don't work at the same time..Push Horn, blows fuse immediately, Blower just doesn't blow, Bilge doesn't pump and Fuel guage doesn't work.. I just bought what I thought was a nice clean 2000 Searay 210 Signature Series boat with hope to be minor issues... Where do I start? All fuses light up good under dash when testing and Horn is the only one blowing the fuse when testing.

Re: Horn, Blower, Fuel Guage and Bilge Issues

Ok... Ordered new horn, ordered new blower.. Holding off on Bilge pump that will take longer to get to and replace.. Hoping just need replacing the horn and blower will fix the problem.. Same as Fuel, sounds like a lot of work to do, not a Saturday Morning job before running to lake..Will let you know after horn and blower come in tomorrow if they were just worn out..Did unplug the horn, replaced the fuse, pressed the button, and didn't blow the fuse so that's why I'm just replacing it...Maybe that's why it just kept blowing fuses.. Thoughts?
Thanks for the help so far..

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Horn, Blower, Fuel Guage and Bilge Issues

It sounds like you got it right on the horn. I would have run power directly to the blower from the battery to see if it works or not before ordering a new one. You may install the new one and find out, for example, the switch is bad.

Gapplestein

Recruit
We just bought a 21 foot 1998 Bayliner Capri Cuddy 2052 LS last Saturday and we've been out in it a few times and have had a blast. We took a photo of the buttons on the dashboard (included in this post) and we think we understand what all of them mean and what they do but we'd love it if someone could give us a quick tutorial on each. The horn, bilge, and blower all work fine and we understand them. We're just. It sure how long to run the bilge as we've read we want some water in the there to keep the I/O running well. We don't have a hydraulic anchor so we think the ANC button is obsolete. We're not sure what the NAV button is for but we suspect it's for a GPS unit if we wanted to rig one up? Is the INS button an instrument panel light for at night? We assume the Depth button has something to do with the depth finder on the boat or would be used if we bought an after market depth finder. And lastly, we think the ACC button is for if we want to add an accessory. Again, this is all very new for us so if anyone can help us out, we'd appreciate it. Thanks, Greg and Michelle Ellsworth, ME Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Anc switch turns on the rear light........

Nav is for both bow and stern lights....

I'm not sure why you would want to keep water in the bilge

NHGuy

Captain
OP, with so many things failed you ought to check/clean the grounds and clean up the connections where they make contact with the switches and gauges. Even if parts you got are needed, rust happens. Especially in our wet environment.

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very likely to have many things go wrong "at once". When I bought my Steiger craft (which I rewired this past winter), every single component was bad, or went bad. Not the wiring but the components. Bilge pump, horn, dome light, anchor light, even the battery switch went bad. The only thing that was working perfectly was my float switch and it quit after 2 weeks in the slip(I check it before and after I leave the boat). As mentioned check your wiring and go through each circuit. Universal fuel tank sending units are very inexpensive and pretty easy to set up and install.