Fuel gauge and sender unit replacement

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well after running out of gas in the channel on the way in figured it was time to change out the non working fuel gauge. Going but site finally failed us.
The boat is a 1998 Grumman FS 24 and I tihnk all the gauges and such are original. So thought I should probably change out the sending unit too.
Not sure what I need to look for tho. The gas tank on the boat is huge. probably 2+ feet wide and 2+ feet tall. Its not a plastic one but a big metal one. I am 5'11 and the tank top is probably as high as my waist line.
Are the sending unit arms one size fits all ?
Any special things have to be done when installing the sending unit ? Or is it just unscrew the old one from the to of the tank, slide it in, put gasket on and rescrew in and hook the wires up ?

Thanks
Ma

brooksville_rebel

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fuel gauge and sender unit replacement

NyBo yea I had read that. Have had the multimeter on it and seems that the gauge is bad. And being its only a few bucks more to replace both ends thought it be the best peace of mind route. Tho after reading some of the reviews on the units Bhile linked not so sure. Thanks Bhile for the info.
Thanks
Mark