gps/fishfinder combo and maps

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im looking for a fish finder/gps combo. looking at the Lowrance elite4, and hummingbird. how are the base maps that they come with.do they show depth contours.I fish in the great lakes, mostly lake saint Clair and lake Erie and Detroit river on the Canadian side. seems that they stop the mapping at the border on the us side.The Lowrance also has a couple of ones that come with extra cards for better mapping. Trying to find out if they cover the Canadian side also. looking to stay under $400 dollars. I live on a bordering city so i could bu it in the U.S as long as it covers both sides. any info or recommendations or personal use in these water would help. bass pro shop and west-marine have the elite4 with gold combo that include two different map cards not sure what one would be better.Lowrance? Elite-4 Color Fishfinder/Charplottter Combo | Bass Pro Shops
Lowrance? Elite-4 Fishfinder/Chartplotter Combo with Map Card - 83/200 kHz | Bass Pro Shops
LOWRANCE Elite-4 Combo Gold Chartplotter/Fishfinder with Transducer at West Marine
Humminbird? 386ci Fishfinder/Chartplotter Combo | Bass Pro Shops