Livewell timer problems

Had a bad livewell timer on my 95 bass tracker . Found a new one but is a little different . Can't seem to get the livewell pump to shut off on auto now. Here are some pics . Anyone know if I can wire this to make it right ?

Attachments

• Iphone 092.jpg
    Iphone 092.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Iphone 091 (598x800).jpg
    Iphone 091 (598x800).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Re: Livewell timer problems

Got pics up. The picture on left is the old timer and the one on right is the new one. Like I said , the pump keeps running and never shuts down like this. The yellow wire on old timer is a loop.

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral

Hmm. Did the new timer come with a wiring diagram? My guess would be you reversed the leads from the battery + and the feed to the pump.

No diagram came with the timer. Says PCL-1 on it. Have blown 5 fuses so far trying to get it to work and so frustrated. Think I tried what you are saying which is hooking up the yellow off of the timer to the red off the switch and the orange off the timer to the green to the pump. Pretty sure that caused a blown fuse. :(

Last edited:

you had a rig rite timer that looked like
Rig Rite Manufacturing 520 OEM Timer Module : Amazon.com : Automotive

red was positive from switch when in auto, black was negative and green was to the pump and also joined to the manual wire from the switch. (yellow was looped from terminal 4 to 5)
so where did you buy the new timer as I can not find a reference on the net to one like that as most are 3 wire?

Bought the timer off eBay . Messaged seller asking if there is a wire diagram. No response yet .

No marks at all is 4 wire. If I have the red coming from switch ( which is hot)to orange on timer and green off pump to yellow (hot )on switch it runs. This is only part I know is right. Now no matter what I hook to brown off pump (which I think is ground) it makes no difference.

Last edited: