Bass boat wiring diagram

Hello all I'm new to the site. I'm new to boats aswell. So I have a 1982 procraft 1750 bass boat. It's 17 foot has 2 live wells in the back and 1 in the front. There are 2 bilge pumps one in front and 1 in back. All the tubing is hooked up and pumps look good. This is a project boat. I put a 1974 evinrude on it. I have all the control cables run. I need help with electrical. I found the diagram for gauge wiring so I'm cool with that. Here is what I need a diagram showing how to hook up the pumps the lights and the batteries and trolling motor.

I have 2 batteries to hook up. I would like motor and gauges on 1 and everything else on the other. It seems all the pre existing wiring is there. I just don't know how to hook it up. The idea is to have the lights on a switch. The gauges on a switch. Fore and aft bilge pumps on separate switches. I also have a Holley fuel pump with pressure regulator and a fuel sending unit to hook up. The fuel pump has to be tied into ignition. Again I'm new to this so pardon my ignorance. Also do the bilge pumps also reverse to fill live wells or are the pumps I'm seeing the pumps to fill the live wells and I need to put a separate pump in cause the boat came with a little pump not installed yet. Still need to buy the switches and gauges but any help is appreciated. Its almost ready to fish

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bass boat wiring diagram

Why have gauges on a separate switch. They get wired to the "A" terminal on the ignition switch so they are on only when the key is on. Does the boat have dual battery switch or acr. If not how does battery #2 get charged. Every accessory needs +12 volts and ground. If it requires a switch then it goes in the positive lead.

Hmm never thought about a switch for batteries. Is there some sort of device that anyone could recommend to act as a switch for batteries? Also is there some sort of terminal board were I could connect all the power and ground to it and only have the main power from battery to feed it?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Rewiring boats is a constant topic on this forum. All you need to do is look through the entries. There have been several just this past week. I just mentioned "dual battery switch" and "ACR" (automatic charge relay). Google them to see what they are. Both of those have also been discussed to death on this forum. The forum SEARCH feature is your friend here.

We have no idea what size 1974 Evinrude you have on this boat so whether the alternator has enough output to charge two batteries is another question. Hooking up the trolling motor can involve a two wire, three wire, or four wire system that can handle 12 volt, 24 volt or combo 12/24 motors. What wiring scheme does the boat have for a trolling motor. Again, since we have no idea what you have we can't help. Are you getting the idea that details are important here when asking for help.

jhebert

Ensign

Rewiring boats is a constant topic on this forum. All you need to do is look through the entries.

If you need to learn how to install electrical wiring in a boat, you will be much better off buying a good book on the topic. I don't think you can really easily learn about electrical wiring for a boat just by browsing boating forums. The information is not really very well organized in forums, and often there is a lot of questionable information given out. A good book on the topic, with illustrations and diagrams, will be a much better way to become familiar with boat wiring. There may be a book in your public library system that you can borrow at no cost.

Discussions in forums are good for solving some problems, but for learning an entire subject matter from scratch, a well-written, nicely illustrated book by a respected author is a much better source of information.