Seadoo - Perko LED light swap

Shane0524

Seaman
Have a 2012 Sea-Doo 210 challenger with perko incandescent lights. The bulbs are festoon style 1044 and measure 1 and 1/8 in. I would like to replace them with blue leds. The problem is I can not find any of the same length. 1 1/8 is approx. 28.5 mm and all I can find is 31 mm. It seems as if the perko fixtures are a proprietary size. Does anyone know where to get such replacement bulbs for the perko fixtures. Also I have a perko anchor light that is a 360 wedge bulb. I found a bulb that I think will work. Basically any wedge style........?
Does anyone know where I can get or if perko actually makes replacement LED bulbs and if the festoons area special size.

festoon fixture- PERKO Inc. - Lighting Fixtures - Incandescent Light with Snap on Front Cover

wedge fixture- PERKO Inc. - Navigation Lights - Folding Mount Tower/Arch White All-Round Light

wedge I think Will work- 194 LED Bulb - 15 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower | Miniature Wedge Base LEDs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

Please Advise

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: Seadoo - Perko LED light swap

I'm not a lighting expert, but I'll throw this out for consideration...

When the USCG certifies navigation lights for marine use (either 1nm or 2 nm visiblity depending on the size of the boat), they certify BOTH the light AND fixture (lens) together. Now, incandescent and LED bulbs have different characteristics (say wavelength, intensity, color, etc). I would persoanlly be leery of mounting a LED bulb in a lens that was certified for use with an incandescent bulb. Can you be sure that the LED will be visible out to 1nm, and show the correct 'color' through the lens?

It might not matter, BUT, I've never seen an LED bulb alone that was certified for use as a navigation light. I switched over to LED nav lights on my boat last year and replaced everything- not just the bulbs.

My .02

Shane0524

Seaman

Thanks for the advice. I am mostly looking for LEDs for courtesy lights but I would like to make my anchor light an led as well. I'll have to look into what you said.

Shane0524

Seaman

All the 29s I saw had big panels on them instead if the tubes I don't know if they'll fit In the housing

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

By the way, I don't think there is such a thing as a 1044 bulb. 1044 is the model number of the Perko light. Interesting that I was doing this exact search on Saturday for the identical Perko enclosure on my boat.

If you find something that works let me know and I will do the same.