Need to Replace voltmeter on Monterey 180FS

kingmm01

Cadet
I need to replace the voltmeter on my 2005 Monterey 180FS. I can't find a brand or part number. Anyone have a resource for the brand/part number and know where I might get one?

dash Picture 2.jpgDash Pciture 1.jpg

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Need to Replace voltmeter on Monterey 180FS

Faria has a good reputation for customer service. Give them a jingle and see what they say. Of course, it would be good to determine for sure that the gauge is bad first!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need to Replace voltmeter on Monterey 180FS

Check for +12 volts on the "I" terminal of the gauge with the ignition ON. If 12 volts is missing, fix it. If +12 volts is present, check for a good ground on the ground terminal. A short piece of wire connected between ground on the voltmeter and ground on any other WORKING gauge would work. If +12 volts is present and there is a good ground, the gauge should work. But since the light works in the gauge in your picture, that indicates there is a good ground. That does not mean however that there is + 12volts on the "I" terminal. If you jumpered the "I" terminal to the "L" (light terminal) with the lights on, the gauge should show 12 volts if it is working. That would also indicate that +12 volts is NOT present with the key on.