Jbl Ipod wiring

Mojo27

Cadet
I have a 2005 Chaparral 256 ssi with a jbl head unit in it. I want to play an iPod off of it but am having serious trouble. The only possible direct plug in to the head unit is an 8 pin din (a circle pattern with one in the middle) on the back of the unit. I wanted to be able to charge my iPod off of the stereo as it was playing but that is no longer a priority at all. I just want to play the iPod. I ordered an 8 pin din to iPod interface with a red and white wire hanging off of the din port. Plugging just the din and ipod up did not yield anything. Today my buddy was digging around behind the unit and pulled out 6 RCA cords (3 sets of one white, one red.) We plugged the din to the head unit, the interface into the iPod, the black wire with metal ring at the end to the small post on the back of the unit, and finally the red copper wire into a red RCA cable. It yielded very small amounts of sound in one of he four speakers. I really need help here! I have no idea which cord to buy or what to do at this point! Would a red/white RCA male end to 3.5mm aux work and if so how many speakers. It is just a mess and I am lost. Any help would be great! Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Jbl Ipod wiring

How about a picture or link to the interface cord? Your description doesn't match anything my brief online search turned up. What do the instructions say?