24 volt spotlight bulb

Morris island

Recruit
Bought a boat from Nova Scotia I live in maine and my spotlight bulb blew. It's a GE bulb and nobody can find me a replacement bulb It's 24 volt. Any ideas on where to find odd 24 volt bulbs

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 24 volt spotlight bulb

Do you have a bulb number? I would have to bet there is more than one 24V spotlight bulb on the market.

Morris island

Recruit

I've taken the bulb to many stores and the bulb numbers come non existence, I even called GE and they had know clue but the bulb was made by GE. I did find out today that the bulb similar to my bulb is used for landing gear on commercial airliners. The light I have will throw a narrow beam of light like no other spot light I've seen. I've shifted my bulb looking to aviation should I call my local little airport Tomorrow I get my bulb back from a friend who tried to find one and will post the numbers from the bulb. Thanks for the input fellow boaters.

Bondo

Staff member

I've taken the bulb to many stores and the bulb numbers come non existence, I even called GE and they had know clue but the bulb was made by GE. I did find out today that the bulb similar to my bulb is used for landing gear on commercial airliners. The light I have will throw a narrow beam of light like no other spot light I've seen. I've shifted my bulb looking to aviation should I call my local little airport Tomorrow I get my bulb back from a friend who tried to find one and will post the numbers from the bulb. Thanks for the input fellow boaters.

Ayuh,.... Yer connected to the internet, google it up, 'n order on-line, it'll be at yer backdoor tomorrow or the next day,...

For probably less than 1/2 of what yer local Fbo will charge ya, 'cause he's gonna google it, 'n tack on a profit,...

Morris island

Recruit

Found the bulb, thanks carribbean soul, thank u all for the help. Never knew there was a site like this till I found er she ain't a cheap bulb but I found it.