Problem with washdown pump

DaddyAirtime

Cadet
I have a flo jet quiet quad model 4105-501. The pump has given me problems since I bought the boat last year. Previous owner did state that the pump is finicky.

I have taken the pump apart and inspected all internals, they look good.
I have cleaned a poor connection with the switch on the gauge panel. That helped get the pump running.
I replaced the outlet hose and nozzle.

The pump can run dry without problems so with the boat out of the water, I have tested the pump and it runs flawlessly, dry.... When I put the boat in water, the pump turns on and can run with the nozzle open just fine. When I close the nozzle the pump runs for 15 seconds or so then it trips the circuit breaker. It seems that the pump never stops running and builds a pressure to high for the circuit breaker and shuts off. The unit draws just over 6 amps. I do not know what the circuit breaker is rated at. Have looked all over the internet for 2006 larson 208 lxi but no info on breaker rating. Can't look at breaker for the time being since boat is in storage. Can look tomorrow though. Any info would be appreciated.

Question: Do these pumps have an adjustment for the pressure switch? I assume mine is too high.

DaddyAirtime

Cadet
Re: Problem with washdown pump

Does not have wires for pressure switch. So it makes sense, pump is manual on/off on an open valve. Closed valve draws to many amps and trips breaker.

Can I add a pressure switch to this type of pump? It's a nice pump.

Re: Problem with washdown pump

Does not have wires for pressure switch. So it makes sense, pump is manual on/off on an open valve. Closed valve draws to many amps and trips breaker.

Can I add a pressure switch to this type of pump? It's a nice pump.

i can not see why not. call the company im sure they have a help line and can assist in getting the right part number for you.