Which deep cycle battery to buy for trolling motor?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Which deep cycle battery to buy for trolling motor?

The battery that i bought is Deep Cycle, but it is not AGM. I read in a manual of my friend's shumacher charger, that you should use the AGM battery type setting for deep cycle batteries. When I charge mine, I've only been selecting "standard" battery type. The only types I have to choose from are Gel, AGM, or Standard. Am I doing this correctly? Thanks.
I have the same charger. You are doing it correctly. Your friend's charger must be different. In case you have lost the manual, here's a link: http://www.batterychargers.com/Documents/00-99-000365.pdf Refer to section 10.3.

sweet addiction

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Which deep cycle battery to buy for trolling motor?

I haven't purchased any starting or trolling batteries yet for my boating rebuilt project, but I can tell you I won't be buying Wal-Mart batteries. While I am running their batteries in my truck and SUV, that is only because they were purchased with a three year free replacements warranty. But I have used their warranty two times now for the SUV because the battery went dead all at once without one inkling of a problem. And as I was receiving the replacement battery I asked the sells person if they had any other problems being how my battery was a mere 10 months old and dead dead... They said YES they did have a lot of problems with their batteries and in fact they had brand new batteries of the shelf (that were this year's built) that were dead even before installing them and that they couldn't recharge them either. So Wal-Mart batteries are off my list. I thing I'll look at interstate batteries... JMHO!

I love all three of my Interstate batteries!! I have Three SRM-29s' in my boat that take care of the starting duties(845 marine cranking) as well as my 24 volt trolling motor and all other electrical needs including an after market stereo system with 2 amplifiers.