Depth Finder Gauge and Garmin Chart Plotter with Sounder

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
This weekend I updated and installed an new sound system for the Sara Belle. It had a 2005 Clarion with a wired remote at the helm. While updating to a Sony wired remote, the Sony will not fit in the same hole as the Clarion remote. I also did not have room, where the existing Clarion remote was to drill the whopping 3 1/4" that's required :faint2:, so I installed the Sony remote in a different location. Now, I have a hole where the Clarion remote was at the helm.

What does that have to do with my thread title? Well, I want to cover the hole with something (2"-2 1/2" approximate diameter). Instead of a plate, I was thinking of maybe adding another gauge. Maybe a depth finder?

My question is, if I add a permanent depth finder in that location, would it's transducer interfere with my current Garmin GPS/Sounder transducer?

If so, then I'm going the cheap route, and will to cover the hole with some kind of plate.

Thanks,
Ollie

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Depth Finder Gauge and Garmin Chart Plotter with Sounder

If the depth locators are transmitting on completely different frequencies then you could get away with it, BUT if they are on the same or close frequencies you will have cross talk and problems with both units if they are on at the same time...

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Depth Finder Gauge and Garmin Chart Plotter with Sounder

I think my Garmin is 50/200hz and the one I'm looking at is 200hz. So, I guess I'm out.
Thanks,
Ollie