Guest 2611A 10amp Dual Battery Charger

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer
I purchased the charger mentioned in the title yesterday at West Marine with the Guest Connect charge outlet. Can this charger be mounted horizontally? On my Weekender, there is a location to mount a charger that was an option in 2007 and it's not on a side wall. It was mounted on a platform 12"-18" away from the batts behind the end of the gunnel.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Guest 2611A 10amp Dual Battery Charger

Absolutely!

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

Good enough for me! Thanks seabob4.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

When mounting an on-board charger it is always a good idea to use spacers to allow air movement behind the unit rather than just mounting it tight against a panel or bulkhead. A stack of flat washers or simple plastic spacers from ACE hardware work well. A quarter inch air gap is all that's needed.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Not to disregard Silvertips advice, but I've installed probably over a 1,000 chargers, from all brands...Marinco (Guest), ProMariner, Charles, Xantrex, you name it. Haven't used spacers on any, and, to the best of my knowledge, no failures, or premature failures.

I did have a ProMariner's leads catch on fire on one of my customers boats...installed by someone else. Internal defect, unit was out of warranty. But because of my contacts when I was in the OEM business, got them to replace it free. Mention FIRE to a CS guy at a batt charger company, well, they tend to want to help...