Radio change help

I just replaced my old aquatronics ms-205 with a pioneer head unit, the new unit has the standard red and white plugs on the back. The boat is only two speakers on a side note. Does anyone have an idea if there is an adapter to go from the 9 point aquatronics plug to the back of my new unit? Ill post pictures tonight if you all feel its needed

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Radio change help

You'll most likely have to cut the plug off and hardwire everything. If the speaker wires in the plug from the boat's harness aren't color coded (gray, white, green, and purple), then note which speaker leads mate up with which colors coming off the back of the unit and terminate accordingly, one by one...

ok great thanks! now running power to the head unit I can just find the hot wire in the old plug and direct hook into the back of the new pioneer?

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

ok great thanks! now running power to the head unit I can just find the hot wire in the old plug and direct hook into the back of the new pioneer?

Yes, there will (2) positive leads. Red is for stereo power. Yellow is for stereo memory, if you want to keep your clock and presets, yellow needs to be wired constant hot. If you don't care about that stuff, combine them and wire them to a switched power source. But yellow MUST be hooked up in order for the HU to work...