faria oem depth guage??

stephanies

Seaman Apprentice
Just used my three year old Stingray for the first time in 4 months- Factory fit faria depth gauge is blinking continually and giving slightly erratic readings- then for a minute works normally- it has a thru-hull transducer, any ideas where to start??

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: faria oem depth guage??

See if the transducer came unglued.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

Mine flaked out like that, too. My transducer was attached OK. I don't know if it was a cable problem or what. I just replaced it.

Jim

noclutch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My '07 Regal 2000 has that gauge also and it is doing the same thing- drives me crazy! Unfortunately, I don't even know where the transducer may be located. I'd guess somewhere n the engine compartment??

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mine flaked out like that, too. My transducer was attached OK. I don't know if it was a cable problem or what. I just replaced it.

Jim
Exactly what did you replace? Cable, gauge, transducer? Or whole system?

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer

Faria has excellent replacement warranty! Give them a call and you may get a new/refurbished one for free.......

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

Exactly what did you replace? Cable, gauge, transducer? Or whole system?

I replaced it all. Initially, I used a fish finder with a transom mounted transducer. Later, I was gutting the boat to fix a bad transom/deck, which included pulling the engine, so I had easy access to the bilge. I replaced the transducer with a shoot-thru-hull thransducer.