upgrading truck Bose stereo in my truck, think I can reuse it in the boat?

Biggredd

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Getting rid of everything on my 2009 Silverado LTZ with Bose sound system. Sound system in my Marada isn't that great. Think I could get away with re-using the Bose in the boat?

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: upgrading truck Bose stereo in my truck, think I can reuse it in the boat?

Not a good ideal, to much work with little payoff. That system was designed to run in that spefic car it would sound anemic in a boat

tpenfield

Staff member

It kind of depends on the power of the car stereo and what you are looking for in terms of sound quality for the boat.

You could certainly try it . . .

Also keep in mind that marine stereos (supposedly) have moisture protection on their circuitry, whereas the car stereo would not. So, it may not last too long.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Probably. Only thing is, with some of those Bose systems have a separate head unit and amplifier. And the amp could be anywhere. Just a heads up that you may not be able to just take whatever is in your dash and hook it up to some speakers.

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer

The amp in your Silverado is under the console. Not sure if you might need some computer components to make it work right in your boat

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I wouldn't both. Just about any aftermarket stereo components will be better than a factory stereo even if it does say Bose on it.