84' ranger bass boat 375v (wiring)

f-106-j75

Cadet
Howdy all, can't seem to get power to the ignition sw. How do i do this ? have power to fuse panel but not the ign. sw. Which color would i hook a hot wire to, from fuse box to ign. sw. Don't want to burn anything up. Or does it come off an instrument? Can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. Thanks.

f-106-j75

Cadet
Re: 84' ranger bass boat 375v (wiring)

Okie, Dokie, started tracing wires and found that i had a blown fuse on red/purple stripe wire on the engine itself. Now have power!! YEPEEE, AS YOU MIGHT HAVE GUESSED, I'M NOT AN ELECTRICIAN, OLD SCHOOL OF TRIAL AND ERROR, Thanks anyway all, you have helped me with a few other problems. Love this sight, very helpful for us non boat mechanics.

f-106-j75

Cadet

Actually, the fuse was broke in half. i'm guessing last owner did it, as that's the first time i pulled it apart. Anyway, engine started right up first shot and seems to run very well. Did alot of prep and clean work for a week before i tried to start it. This boat has been sitting for 9 yrs and i got a great buy on it. $1200.00. Changed out impellar, new plugs, wires, cleaned carbs, now to change out thermostats tomarrow and change out all the old fuel lines. Still have some re-wiring to do as there is quite a bit of jerry rigging inside the boat, but i will prevail, LOL. Wish me luck, a wire dia. would be nice, but owners manual does have a diagram in it, i'm pretty sure i can figure it out, if not, i'll be back on here asking ya'll. anyway, thanks everyone, Darrell

look at the stickys at the top of the electrical forum they will show you how 99% of boats are wired.

good luck and have fun

Ranger84

Recruit
Hello everyone how do I get a wiring diagram for 1984 ranger bass boat,am having trouble with the wiring can't seem to find the problem
Thanks

Ranger84

Recruit

Actually, the fuse was broke in half. i'm guessing last owner did it, as that's the first time i pulled it apart. Anyway, engine started right up first shot and seems to run very well. Did alot of prep and clean work for a week before i tried to start it. This boat has been sitting for 9 yrs and i got a great buy on it. $1200.00. Changed out impellar, new plugs, wires, cleaned carbs, now to change out thermostats tomarrow and change out all the old fuel lines. Still have some re-wiring to do as there is quite a bit of jerry rigging inside the boat, but i will prevail, LOL. Wish me luck, a wire dia. would be nice, but owners manual does have a diagram in it, i'm pretty sure i can figure it out, if not, i'll be back on here asking ya'll. anyway, thanks everyone, Darrell

Do you know alot about this kind of boat and the wiring?
Thanks

Ranger84

Recruit
Boat diagram not for the motor does that make sense?I have took apart all the wiring diagram and put new fuses and still no power.have changed ignition everything! what could be going on
What do I do
Thanks